Location & Directions
For public transport and pick up information, Transport To & From the Ashram
393 Barkstead-Dean Road, Rocklyn Victoria, 3364
Driving directions from Melbourne
Best NOT to use your GPS to get to Rocklyn.
The most direct route from Melbourne is:
- Follow the Western Ring Road (M80) and take the WESTERN FREEWAY (M8) towards Ballarat.
- Pass the "Ballan" exit and the Service Station on the left, and TAKE THE FOLLOWING EXIT, signed Ballan/Daylesford (C141).
- At the top of the exit ramp turn RIGHT towards Daylesford. Zero the trip metre (or note km). CONTINUE for 20/22 kms.
- After the "Leonards Hill" and the Reduce Speed sign, the road bends slightly to the right, TAKE A LEFT HAND TURN onto the side road.
- After passing the house on the LEFT take the next LEFT turn signposted Yoga Ashram and Barkstead.
- You then have 7ks through the forest on a dirt road. After 5ks take the right fork - signed posted Satyananda Yoga Ashram. You are only 2ks from the Ashram.
The phone number is 03 5345 7434 if needed.
Driving directions from Daylesford
- Take the Midland H'way from Daylesford to Blampied - about 15/20mins.
- Blampied Hotel on the left.
- Approximately 200mtrs after the school bus stop sign turn left to Rocklyn on the Mollonghip Rd.
- After 7ks, down a small hill, over a bridge turn left to Rocklyn. Sign posted.
- The Ashram is 4.4ks. 2ks on sealed & 2ks on dirt road. The Ashram is on the left.
Driving Directions from Ballarat
- From Ballarat take the Creswick Rd to Creswick & Daylesford. Follow the signs to Daylesford.
- At Newlyn just over the bridge Turn Right – Yoga Ashram sign.
- Continue to follow this road to the next T intersection Turn Right – Yoga Ashram sign.
- About 2 Ks down a hill, over a small bridge Turn Left – Yoga Ashram sign.
- 2 Ks on the sealed road & 2 Ks on the gravel road. Ashram is on the left.
Driving directions from Adelaide
From the M8, take the Daylesford exit to Newlyn. At Newlyn cross over the little bridge turn RIGHT and follow the signs to Yoga Ashram.